Last weekend, I had visited a bunch of friends. Men and women from diverse backgrounds, just about everyone had a burning topic in mind… Love. Each person discussed their hopes and aspirations in seeking happiness with that “one person”. Some discussed the topic with hope, others with slight anxiety. The question often arises, how can we turn our initial infatuation into eternal love, happiness and commitment? Although I am single, I thoroughly appreciate studying this topic and observing the examples around me. I couldn’t help but try to brainstorm some ideas….
Continuous Happiness & Love in a Relationship
- Strong friendship
- The ability to show and share physical and emotional affection.
- Shared goals and daily activities- taking part in community service, sports, religious/spiritual and or other activities together, can help build trust and appreciation between two people.
- Thrive on learning together
- You get what you give. When you give better, you get better.
- No blame game- forget whether you’re right or wrong. The question is: Is what you’re doing working or not working.
- You don’t necessarily solve problems. You learn how to manage them. Problem solving is better done between two people as opposed to one.
- You both help each other become better people.
- Both are able to treat one another as equals, however agree on undertaking different tasks in order to build a stable foundation.
- Both appreciate the history and background of their spouse; even if they don’t “get it”. Families can be a head-ache to deal with, however, if you truly admire your spouse, you will respect his/her family, b/g, and history.
- Both give each other enough space to yearn for one another.
- Both people have hobbies.
- Both are able to make challenging decisions based on clarity, logic, and a touch of sensitivity.